 Local / Canada / 1024
Re: Largest Lego collection in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 02:16:23 GMT

I took the numbers straight from each of the person's set list in their
LUGNET member page.

And I do agree that those numbers are not likely the most accurate, and I
did mention that in my post, but those were the most easily accessable
numbers that I could find.  :)

Hey, how did you end up in local.canada eh?  :-P

~Adam

In lugnet.loc.ca, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Adam Murtha writes:
I don't know for sure, but checking the set lists for the LUGNET members in
Canada, the top people are:

James Brown with 117554 pieces and 707 sets.
Eric Lanteigne with 115750 pieces and 520 sets
Jeff Shiner with 87960 pieces and 728 sets.
Jean-Marc Détraz with 49230 pieces and 168 sets.
Kyle Jackson with 47452 pieces and 324 sets.

But those numbers don't account for people who don't have the set list
filled out, or are not even offical LUGNET members.  Also not (likely)
included are the pieces that have been bought via eBay or other sources.

Is there some trick to getting these numbers?

I'm not sure how much you can rely on this type of thing. I suspect that many
of the largest collections aren't represented. For example, my listing shows a
mere 5838 pieces, whereas my catalog spreadsheet shows 300k and it's missing a
LOT of stuff. Unless there's a way to upload a set list, my collection won't be
showing up on Lugnet anytime soon.

Frank