 Local / Canada / 1783
Re: Largest Lego collection in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Andrew Keeping wrote:
Well it's been more than 2 1/2 years since my original posting but I've finally
got a good idea of just how large my collection of Lego sets just is.  It ended
up taking one full room in my house with a bit of overflow into a second room.
I actually haven't finished doing my complete inventory as I've only catalogued
the complete sets and didn't count several rubbermaid tubs of loose pieces.  I
also have missed about 30 or more sets that I forgot to count and now they're
located at the bottom of the pile where they'll have to stay for a while.

It turns out that my original guesstimate was off by quite a bit so here are the
numbers so far.
  Total Lego pieces 215,000
  Total sets 1800 (includes doubles, triples and up to 87 copies of one set!!)
  Total unique sets 848

<snippage>

According to my Lugnet list it shows that I am at:

147,050 pieces
872 total sets
and I'm not sure at total unique sets.  I don't find this one particularly
interesting or important stat.

But total pieces listed by Lugnet is really a general rough idea, since there
are still gaps in the set listing.  eg. I have a 7745 High Speed Train and
it is listed as ? (0 parts).  I know that set is loaded with pieces (probably
between 500 to 800 pieces).

I have to subtract pieces that I have lost (from vacuum cleaner, other
ways of lossage) or sold, add pieces that I have purchased, or otherwise
acquired (from Brickfest or given to me)...

hmmm...sounds like an impossibility to do a complete inventory of what I own.

Anyways, I just thought I'd post that.

Benjamin Medinets