 Local / Canada / 1778
Re: Largest Lego collection in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:58:40 GMT

Well it's been more than 2 1/2 years since my original posting but I've finally
got a good idea of just how large my collection of Lego sets just is.  It ended
up taking one full room in my house with a bit of overflow into a second room.
I actually haven't finished doing my complete inventory as I've only catalogued
the complete sets and didn't count several rubbermaid tubs of loose pieces.  I
also have missed about 30 or more sets that I forgot to count and now they're
located at the bottom of the pile where they'll have to stay for a while.

It turns out that my original guesstimate was off by quite a bit so here are the
numbers so far.
  Total Lego pieces 215,000
  Total sets 1800 (includes doubles, triples and up to 87 copies of one set!!)
  Total unique sets 848

It's taken me close to 30 years to accumulate this stash but I'd think the vast
majority of it has been aquired over the past 8 years.  I'll likely be thinning
out some of my extra sets in the next few months to make room (and money) for
new additions to the collection. ;-)

AJ

PS.  I thought it'd be easy to do this task during a move, but with everything
else going on and the challenges of setting up a new house it's turned into a
much longer challenge than I expected. :-p

In lugnet.loc.ca, Andrew Keeping wrote:
I'm moving into a new house in a couple of months and plan to do an inventory
and organization of my collection at that time.  Anyway, this got me thinking.
I wonder who has the largest collection of Lego in Canada?  This could be
broken down into two categories:
1)The most pieces,  and 2)The most complete sets (doubles don't count).

As I said I'll be inventorying my collection when I move, but as it stands now
I'd estimate 120,000 pieces and probably 300+ different sets.

So how large are some of the other collections out there?

AJ