 Local / Canada / *2907 (-20)
  Re: What kind of events do Ontario LEGO builders want? (WAS Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto)

(...) For the record, it's always held on the first full weekend of November. As well, it's not just a show for geeky adult men with hobbies. The quilting exhibit has become large over the last few years... great for wives that quilt or sew. There's (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: What kind of events do Ontario LEGO builders want? (WAS Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto)

(...) I've been trying to attend this show for the last 8 years or so and still haven't made it there yet. :-( There always seems to be something else that comes up that weekend that needs to be taken care of. Since there is going to be a definate (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Sears 30% off LEGO Monday July 14th

In another of their one day sales, Sears has "save 30% All LEGO products". "Savings cannont be combined with any other savings offers". I haven't been in a Sears lately to know if they have any real amount of stock. Gail Meagher (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: New Stuff at TRU - some old stuff too... YODA's for $43.00 !!!

Yoda's are on clearance for $42 and change @ TRU. 75% off? Spotted in Brampton. 3 left (at least until tommorrow) Cheers Oliver Play Well. "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:HHu8K5.ytM@lugnet.com... (...) correctly. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  What kind of events do Ontario LEGO builders want? (WAS Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto)

(...) Calum, your posting got me thinking. (which in itself can be a dangerous thing, so beware!) And so I am going to knowingly and blatantly highjack this thread in hopes of generating some discussion among Ontario builders, both in and outside of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.general)

  Re: An AT-AT TRU story

(...) No prob. On the contrary: thanks! I'd been to shy to post, but seeing my name in a post actually made me feel up to it. (...) It's big. Since I first posted I've building away (in front of the TV) and I only have completed the legs. The (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: An AT-AT TRU story

(...) I hope it was o.k. to blow your cover... I only used your first name, in case you wanted to remain somewhat anonymous. I was going to say that I had met a 'nameless, but very friendly' adult LEGO fan at a Toys 'R Us, but that just sounded (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  An AT-AT TRU story

Hi all, This is my very first LUGNET post, so you could say I am delurking. I'd been meaning to email since Allan Bedford blew my cover. Now, to important business: In case you don't know the %50 off TRU sale on Lego Star Wars is still on (ends Aug. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Any Canadians going down to BrickFest 2003?

Hey folks, Are there any other Canadians going down to BrickFest 2003? There's a contigent of eight of us from Toronto going down, but I don't see any other Canadian names. Quick, you only have like four more days to register! Calum (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Hobby Show 2003 - Reminder and Update

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote: Sorry to reply to my own posting, but I missed one point the other day. (...) If you have previously emailed me, but didn't receive the May update email, please drop me a note at: bricks@apotome.com And please (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hobby Show 2003 - Reminder and Update

This is just a brief note to remind everyone of this upcoming event. For those who may not yet be familiar with 'The Hobby Show' I wanted to take a minute to give you an overview. It is a large public show which focuses on a variety of hobbies and (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

(...) I think it was to friday this week (June 27th) but I could be wrong. If anyone knows where there's an AT-TE in TRU in Toronto, I'd like to know :) Calum (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

(...) Down here in the states, the sale ends July 12. Likely the same for you. Steven Weiser (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

Does anyone know how long those clearance prices are on for? I stopped in at the TRU in Newmarket ON today and picked up quite a few bargains :-)) Unfortunately not all of the SW sets are included in the markdown. They had a couple of the new (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

It isn't in the LEGO aisle, but a friend of mine found a LEGO board game (TRU in Vancouver on Broadway): (...) From 1997. I don't know where they have been sitting for so long. My friend assured me there are not Timmy's in it. Gail (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

(...) None for me. How about Jango Fett Slave 1's? I got four. Calum (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

(...) Ok, dumb question (poll?) time: what individual got the most Yoda's, and how many was that? I know two (me being one) that got 8 each. (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

Gail and Jean-Marc Thanks for not going too crazy at the Mic Mac TRU. I did my part today by picking up 4 Yodas as well as an assortment of smaller SW sets. The Creator buckets are almost gone though. John Battcock (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

(...) Hmm. I'm not sure I like that analogy. I think playing with Lego is a healthy, positive thing to do. But, it definitely is true that shopping for Lego with other Lego fans is hard on the credit card (and the space!) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys r Us Clearance

Gail Meagher <685721@ican.net> writes: Randomly picked Gails post to follow up to. (...) Actually, the store boxes are just an outer cover for the original black-and-white Shop @ Home boxes inside. The ones here in Edmonton looked pretty tattered (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact