 Local / Canada / 1677
Re: An AT-AT TRU story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 02:50:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Carlos A. Perez wrote:
Hi all,

This is my very first LUGNET post, so you could say I am delurking. I'd
been meaning to email since Allan Bedford blew my cover.

I hope it was o.k. to blow your cover... I only used your first name, in case
you wanted to remain somewhat anonymous.

I was going to say that I had met a 'nameless, but very friendly' adult LEGO fan
at a Toys 'R Us, but that just sounded weird.  :)

Now, to important business:

In case you don't know the %50 off TRU sale on Lego Star Wars is still
on (ends Aug. 2).

I didn't know that!  But I do know that since I met you that day, I've already
been back for two more rounds of shopping at Toys 'R Us.  So I'm not sure if
this is good news... or bad.  :)

I saw the AT-AT at TRU today (in Kitchener). Retail
is $209, and it originally rang for full retail. I complained and told
them that there was a sign that said all SW Lego was %50 off (and the
sign happened to be just below the AT-ATs). Ten minutes later I walked
out with my brand new $105 (plus tax) AT-AT. It really is only %30 off
regular retail ($150) but I still think it's a great deal on a brand
new highly-desired set.

So a couple questions:

a)  Most important... do you like the set?  Does it look like it's going to be a
good build?

b)  Were there a few left?

c)  Did you get the feeling they were going to continue to sell it at that
price, or that this was a one time thing they had done?  Just curious about
whether or not to make the drive tomorrow.

You should also be able to get the new mini's for %50 off.

That would be nice.  The Falcon looks like a very cool little set, but felt a
bit overpriced.

Regards,
Allan B.