 Local / Canada / 1678
Re: An AT-AT TRU story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 04:01:41 GMT

I hope it was o.k. to blow your cover... I only used your first name,
in case
you wanted to remain somewhat anonymous.

No prob. On the contrary: thanks! I'd been to shy to post, but seeing
my name in a post actually made me feel up to it.

a)  Most important... do you like the set?  Does it look like it's
going to be a
good build?

It's big. Since I first posted I've building away (in front of the TV)
and I only have completed the legs. The mini-figs are awesome.

b)  Were there a few left?

There was at least one more. I say at least because I actually saw one
more, but I suspect they have more. The reason is that when we first
met there there were only a few Yodas in not very good boxes, and today
I saw at least 4 more. So, my guess is that since the Lego Aisle is
pretty full, they are taking the set out the back as it goes.

c)  Did you get the feeling they were going to continue to sell it at
that
price, or that this was a one time thing they had done?  Just curious
about
whether or not to make the drive tomorrow.

That is the big question mark. Fast answer: I don't know. The lady I
talked with was very nice. However, the computer would simply not "ring
it" for $105, so what she had to do was give me gift certificate for
half the price. It was very complicated (that's why I skipped over the
details in my first post), but in the end they honored the sale. My
opinion, is that it is worth a try.

Hope this helps,

Carlos P.