 Local / Canada / 1665
Re: Toys r Us Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:39:38 GMT

Gail Meagher <685721@ican.net> writes:

Randomly picked Gails post to follow up to.

Still a fair amount on the shelf at the TRU in Dartmouth, but no mini
sets, and the blockade runner boxes are pretty tattered.

Actually, the store boxes are just an outer cover for the original
black-and-white Shop @ Home boxes inside. The ones here in Edmonton looked
pretty tattered too, but when I opened mine last night, the insides looked
essentially mint.

The three TRU's here in Edmonton got severely attacked last night (John K
and I totalled about $1100!!!), and there are final assaults going on as
I type this. I've basically said "upto 6 more Yodas". This is all coming
2 days after I received one of my largest ever Shop @ Home orders, too.
Ouch! I think my Lego budget for several years has just vanished! I really
like those red 500 piece buckets too - a good old-style parts selection,
but with more colours.

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/