 Local / Canada / 1658
Re: Toys r Us Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:35:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath wrote:
In lugnet.loc.ca, John Battcock wrote:
Hey Folks,

Was reading FBTB last night and came across a post regarding this subject.
Same sets as before however UCS Yoda is half price (84.95). Great way to
build that tan inventory!

John Battcock

Run to TRU Canada!

I ran... I ran... I bought... I bought.  :)

I bought two Yodas, 8 Cloud Hoppers (3.67 each) and 1 Slave (second edition) for
17.50.  I also put all this through on two bills so we got two free Creator
buckets.

My haul was one Yoda, 2 cloud cars, 1 Final Duel II, and two Star Wars minis.
Just enough to get the free 500 piece bucket.  So all of that for less than $68
tax included!

Probably my most economical LEGO shopping day ever.

Thanks for the heads-up.  Well, I thank you, but my credit card isn't speaking
to you.  ;)

Best of all, I got the pleasure of meeting (quite by accident) another adult
LEGO builder.  Carlos and I chatted for at least 30 minutes, discussing our
purchases, our LEGO interests and generally having a good conversation.  What a
great way to spend part of a sunny Saturday afternoon!

All the best!
Allan B.