 Local / Canada / 1659
Re: Toys r Us Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:42:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath wrote:
In lugnet.loc.ca, John Battcock wrote:
Hey Folks,

Was reading FBTB last night and came across a post regarding this subject.
Same sets as before however UCS Yoda is half price (84.95). Great way to
build that tan inventory!

John Battcock

Run to TRU Canada!

Wow....Wow....Wow.  All SW LEGO at 50% off (except the stuff already
marked down, that was 75% off total).

Jean-Marc was kind enough to give me a ride to the only TRU in the
province this evening.  The first time I've shopped with another AFOL.
Good thing he has a truck!  I got two Yodas, a Rebel Blockade Runner,
one each of the SW technic figures (R2, C3PO, Darth Vader, Jango Fett,
Super Battle Droid) I didn't have, plus a few smaller sets, to bring it
up to five free buckets worth for me.  $372.65 plus tax for 9013 pieces,
that would have cost over $1k at full retail.

Plus we got to talk to a couple with two kids from Calgary.  Pointed
them towards LUGNET, and told them to watch out for the AFOLs out there
at train shows.  Think the son might get into mindstorms.

I also talked to one of the staff about trains.  His computer showed the
new high speed (4511 $129.99) and cargo trains (4512 $189.99), as well
as the grand central station (4513 $69.99)as being shipped to or
from(not sure) their main Canadian warehouse on June 11.

Still a fair amount on the shelf at the TRU in Dartmouth, but no mini
sets, and the blockade runner boxes are pretty tattered.

Wow....

Gail Meagher