 Local / Australia / 9524
Re: Recovering Jedi (was Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:00:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Personally I've attended all services of the Jedi faith (Episodes 1,2,4,5,and
6, some multiple times) and I have a number of books and icons (plastic images
of Jedi saints, e.g. a large Yoda and various keyrings, all sold by S@H
incidentally) in my house further attesting to my devotion to the Jedi
religion. I have certainly attended more Jedi events than any other religions
in the past couple of decades.

I was definitely a Jedi there for a bit, but then I discovered that the
Force, on whose beneficial and life affirming attributes the Jedi are based,
is actually a bunch of symbiotic squatter micro-organisms infesting living
cells (midichlorians: http://www.greyjedi.net/archives/midichlorians.html),
the force kind of lost its appeal as a philosophical underpinning for a life
of discipline and constructivism, and the Jedi then appear to be merely
proponents of an archaic martial art.

But didn't Obi Wan teach us that:

"The force is an energy field, created by all living things.  It surrounds
us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together."

Odd.... no mention of midichlorians there.

Odd.... both movies were written by George Lucas.

Odd.... yet another part of the original Star Wars with which George has
lost complete touch.   ;)

I always took Obi Wan's comments to mean that the force was a kind of
'oneness with the universe' not a 'fullness of bugs'.  But then, he's been
full of it for a long time.

Pity really.

I'm not sure which is worse..... that George can't keep things straight or
that he just doesn't even seem to care anymore.

All the best,
Allan B.