 Local / Australia / 9527
Re: Recovering Jedi (was Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:01:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:

I was definitely a Jedi there for a bit, but then I discovered that the
Force, on whose beneficial and life affirming attributes the Jedi are based,
is actually a bunch of symbiotic squatter micro-organisms infesting living
cells (midichlorians: http://www.greyjedi.net/archives/midichlorians.html),
the force kind of lost its appeal as a philosophical underpinning for a life
of discipline and constructivism, and the Jedi then appear to be merely
proponents of an archaic martial art.
...and rather unfortunate hairstyles.

Pity really.

Right now I'd probably be best classified as a vengeful agnostic.  I'm not
sure if he's out there, but if and when I find him, he's got a lot to answer
for...

...or her or it (what use would a supreme being have for genitalia ?)

Oh, and I am quite gratified that 70,000 Australians who did take the time
to fill out the census otherwise sensibly, had the temerity and sense of
humour to mark their religion as Jedi.  This seems to me to be a very
healthy state of affairs.  Unhelpful to the Australian Bureau of Statistics,
certainly, but definitely healthy nevertheless.

Would true Jedi vote for the Greens.

And my hand hovered over the big red button marked 'fut: off-topic' for a
long moment, but this is just too cool a thread and I'm curious about how
fellow Australian AFOLs feel about this.  And Peter *has* been talking about
wanting some good threads.

Finally, a nice meaty thread to chew on.