 Local / Australia / 9521
Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 05:11:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:
Hi,
It's quite simple to determine if they're lying about being a Jedi:

1. Person claims to be a Jedi.
2. All Jedi have midichlorians in their blood.
3. Test blood for presence of midichlorians.
4. If test is negative, person is lying.

Ahhh, but the medical test for midichlorians was lost a long time ago, in a
galaxy far, far away. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Since midichlorian have yet to be discovered by medical science, or
otherwise described by George Lucas, all people who claim to be Jedi are
lying.

The whole midi-chlorians-in-the-blood thing smacks too highly of 'master
race'-ishness for my comfort. George Lucas' morality has seemed
questionable at the best of times, but I'm just willing to write it off
to the fact that he's just a bad writer.

My pet theory is that he put the bit about midichlorians in to *stop*
loonies embracing it as a 'real' religion.

Jedi are just terrorists, anyway:
ROFL!

Cheers

Richie