 Local / Australia / 9515
  FW: Can you folks give any more info on this?

Hi, The CNN story pretty much covers all the details. Points to note: 1. The $1000 fine that seems to offend a lot of people (see slashdot for an amazing amount of rants) is not for having a religion that isn't recognised by the state, but for lying (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?

(...) The census is covered by a framework of legislation that restricts the legitimate ways that census data can be used by the government, the purpose of which is to protect the privacy of individuals. The reason that you have to identify yourself (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: FW: Can you folks give any more info on this?

(...) It should also probably be noted that the prank apparently originated in New Zealand, but true to form us Aussies claimed it as our own. Allister religion: paranoid agnostic - I'm not sure if there's anyone 'out there', but if there is, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Recovering Jedi (was Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?)

(...) I was definitely a Jedi there for a bit, but then I discovered that the Force, on whose beneficial and life affirming attributes the Jedi are based, is actually a bunch of symbiotic squatter micro-organisms infesting living cells (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  RE: Can you folks give any more info on this?

Hi, It's quite simple to determine if they're lying about being a Jedi: 1. Person claims to be a Jedi. 2. All Jedi have midichlorians in their blood. 3. Test blood for presence of midichlorians. 4. If test is negative, person is lying. Since (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?

(...) Ahhh, but the medical test for midichlorians was lost a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. (...) My pet theory is that he put the bit about midichlorians in to *stop* loonies embracing it as a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Force and Religion

It is an interesting fact that there is so much debate about what does and doesn't classify as a religion. religion in my mind is simply a belief structure (As opposed to a belief by itself) But that's not the point i wanted to make. I read (and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Recovering Jedi (was Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?)

(...) But didn't Obi Wan teach us that: "The force is an energy field, created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together." Odd.... no mention of midichlorians there. Odd.... both movies were written by (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?

(...) One legitimate way is to sell the data to commercial interests. Now they should ask questions about Lego, TLC/G could use that sort of info. You can neglect to answer certain questions, just answer truthfully. (...) I only saw the first-half (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Recovering Jedi (was Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?)

(...) ...and rather unfortunate hairstyles. (...) ...or her or it (what use would a supreme being have for genitalia ?) (...) Would true Jedi vote for the Greens. (...) Finally, a nice meaty thread to chew on. (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?

(...) Australian Bureau of Statistics? ;) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Recovering Jedi (was Re: Can you folks give any more info on this?)

(...) I suspect they're more likely to vote Democrat. The Jedi don't run the place, after all, they're just there to keep the bastards honest. And not only that; they can relate to the scattered, divided remnants still holding to the old ways.... (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.au)