 Local / Australia / 940
  Calling all Aussie Lego fans

Just doing a sweep to see if there's anyone out here who hasn't completed a recent roll-call, or made themselves know to our great community yet. In case you don't know, most of our corespondence goes on in the .au forum, with the state forums (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.general)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans

(...) 1186 and closing ;-) Richard Still baldly going... (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.general)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (naming of loc. hierarchy)

When Todd Setup Lugnet, how did he figure out all the Loc states/cities/towns.. I ask this because on the loc.au hierarchy there are some fairly smallish places: Bundaberg for example. A) How did Todd know of these places, did someone suggest them? (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (naming of loc. hierarchy)

(...) states/cities/towns.. (...) Maybe because Jamie posted from there early on. Santosh, how you getting to LegOz 2000.3 ? pete.w (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (naming of loc. hierarchy)

Australia's a big country, hope Jamie didn't have to post from all the locations. I'll be driving from home (Parramatta/Blacktown area). I can give people a lift: I can fit one other person comfortably + 2 more people uncomfortably if its required. (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans

Hello Ben and everyone, A late addition to the roll call... I'm a newcomer to the Lugnet community, although this delay in finding out about it is NOT caused by living in Adelaide, for anyone who was about to so much as think that. I love town Lego, (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans

(...) Hi Jane, Just when we thought the last Lego in Adelaide had been sold in the trading post. We had almost given up. Great to hear of your existence, know any other AFOL's there. What's the retail/shopping scene like for AFOL's in Adelaide. On (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  (canceled)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans

Well... I'd have to say the Lego scene in Adelaide is alive and well if you judge the sort of OK selection in the shops (K-Mart, Toys 'r Us, DJs, that kind of thing), but no one is owning up to buying it, and the last exhibition was really poorly (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans

(...) Remember to check Harris Scarfe, due to their higher prices, sets can tend to linger there, there is only one in Sydney though, I think its a SA/WA/VIC and TASSIE chain. Do you get the sales that happen over here. Keep your eyes posted and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe)

Dear Peter and anyone else who is interested, Yes Harris Scarfe is a South Australian chain, and here at least it is only a dollar here or there more than other places. However sets don't last long as once a month or so they have up to 20% off (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe)

(...) thanks Jane, I have only been to two Harris Scarfes, one in Campbelltown in Sydney, where thinks were pretty expensive eg. Gungan sub $150 (rrp $136). The range was fairly standard for a DJ's/Grace Bros department store. The other one was in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe)

(...) I don't think they do, but there's one a week usually in the lead up to all special shopping events. Johnnies had a 4-5 stores in the suburbs, now taken over by DJs and mostly sold to Harris Scarfe. But the pride and joy of all toy people was (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe)

(...) Much the same story in Sydney. 5 Toyworlds, 3 Toylands and a couple of Toy Kingdoms. They still live on in rural NSW. (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  (canceled)

  Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (naming of loc. hierarchy)

"Jamie Obrien" <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote in message news:pe6cjs4o0cdpqqo...4ax.com... (...) Sober. :P BTW, Bundaberg Rum tastes like soap. Hmm.... slippery. David Drew. (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Roll Call - "Present"

Here I am another AFOL, My name is Carl Watson, I am 22, married with 2 kids and I am from..... ....ADELAIDE...... Amazing, I think that makes 2 in Adelaide. So hello to Jane McDermott my fellow Adelaidien. About my Lego: I collected lots of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.general)

  Re: Roll Call - "Present"

Welcome Carl, and thanks for de-lurking! We hope to hear from you regularly ;-) You're posting to virtually all of the Australian newsgroups. Did you enter all of their names manually??? Feel free to post what sets you're looking for in (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Roll Call - "Present"

Dear Carl - welcome! It's always great to get more LUGNETers, but especially to get one in Adelaide. When I saw the sa.ade in my email I thought someone had gone and given me false hope again by posting to all the regions. But no - this time there (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Roll Call - "Present"

PS Perhaps you can help me find out why the sa.ade subgroup is headed Adelaide/Elizabeth, and other local Lego mysteries. (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Elizabeth?

Hi Jane, I don't no why its headed Adelaide/Elizabeth. Either the person who set it up was in Elizabeth. or Interstate and had not much of an idea of Adelaide. Are you interested in Fabuland? (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Elizabeth?

Dear Carl, Well the person who set up the loc hierarchy was Todd Lehman, and he lives in America so I'm guessing that he wouldn't find his way around too well in our neck of the woods. However the places he established extensions for were selected (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au)