 Local / Australia / 983
Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:39:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jane McDermott writes:
Well... I'd have to say the Lego scene in Adelaide is alive and well if you
judge the sort of OK selection in the shops (K-Mart, Toys 'r Us, DJs, that
kind of thing), but no one is owning up to buying it, and the last exhibition
was really poorly attended (although it was only half the exhibition gear
anyway).  The only time I ever find what appear to be AFOLs here is when I'm
finding out from them that no, I can't afford to buy out that giant collection
they want to get rid of because they are now "too old" (although they are
always younger than me), and no, they won't break it down.  There's a few good
local toy auctions from time to time, but usually during work hours (grrr).  I
am hoping that Adelaide will soon re-emerge from the Lego dark age, but I
don't know how that is going to happen.  You are right about the Trading
Post!!  They're not getting mine though!

Remember to check Harris Scarfe, due to their higher prices, sets can tend to
linger there, there is only one in Sydney though, I think its a SA/WA/VIC and
TASSIE chain.

Do you get the sales that happen over here. Keep your eyes posted and we'll
see if they co-incide.

Maybe someone more AFOL's will appear in Adelaide after your posts.

pete.w