 Local / Australia / 1022
Re: Calling all Aussie Lego fans (Harris Scarfe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 04:00:36 GMT

Jane, do these sales have a rhyme or reason, first Monday of each month etc.?
Was John Martins a single store or chain ?
How are the independent Toyworlds/Toy Kingdoms shaping up ?

I don't think they do, but there's one a week usually in the lead up to all
special shopping events.  Johnnies had a 4-5 stores in the suburbs, now taken
over by DJs and mostly sold to Harris Scarfe.  But the pride and joy of all
toy people was the flagship store, which had almost a whole floor devoted to
toys.  They had just about everything you could think of in there.  They also
had a special area attached which hosted the Lego exhibitions etc.  I haven't
seen any Toyworlds in ages, so I wouldn't think they're going too well.  There
are usually Toyworlds in large country towns and that's about it.