 Local / Australia / 8778
Re: Attack of the star wars sales :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Oops...sorry about that :)

Actually, I've used a similar approach to what I've seen done in the past
for sales at TARGET, KMART, and private sales: from US posters about US only
sales. [though they don't have the courtesy to also post to .loc.us.].

I thought I'd do it this way for a couple of reasons...to show those who do
this how annoying it is when the country isn't mentioned, and also so those
Ockers who don't look at .loc.au can hear about it.

If you'd rather have the country mentioned, I suggest getting the
marketplace rules changed so sale details have to mention the country they
apply to, or if no country given, they MUST be open internationally.

Yeah that's what I thought too... so much for the online-community thing...
I thought we'd be a world as a whole... not just based in one particular
dominated place, which I know why it is/would be... but still...

It's like saying "this is a blah blah site only (originally even), but hey
you guys can join in too if you want"... and that could be taken a few
different ways... not all too good I suspect.

Mel

Benjamin Whytcross