 Local / Australia / 8764
8763  |  8765
Subject:
The Big Two (Was Re: Attack of the star wars sales :))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:50:50 GMT

"Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message
G'day,

thought everyone would be interested in the following:

Yeah, well I _don't_ think those in .general and .market shopping actually
would, so I trimmed them... :-P

Thursday 25 April - Wednesday 1 May:
Target:
Jedi Defence 1 and 2 [7203/7204] $9.95 each
Final Dual 1 and 2 [7200/7201] $9.95 each
Jedi Duel [7103] $17.99
Tusken Raider Encounter [7113] $17.99
Jedi Starfighter [7143] $34.99
Twin-pod cloud car [7119] $19.99
Ewok Attack [7139] $21.99
Bounty Hunter Pursuit [7133] $54.99

Target also have:
Republic Gunship [7163]  $179.95
Jango Fett's Slave 1 [7153]  $89.99

Random thoughts on Republic Gunship:
* A good selection of 'figs, including a droideka which they probably could
have left out. Clonetroopers are kinda cool.
* Ship doesn't really look that interesting, but then that's not Lego's
fault really.
* Many strange and annoying design features, like the strangely open
midsection and wing pods with no underside.
* A good selection of white parts and some new RBR-Red elements, but that's
about it.
* Not as much play value as I thought it would have, mainly due to rather
poor design of the pods.

Random thoughts on Slave 1:
* Looks fantastic. If only the 2000 Slave 1 had looked like this.
* Its size when built make it feel like better value, but the price per part
is the fairly standard 25 cents - I guess it's the size of the new slopes,
which BTW are quite modular, I'm going to enjoy building with these.
* Huge canopy element. No complaints here - I got plenty of smaller ones,
and they never look good tacked together.
* New click-rotation element used in the tailguns.
* The new dark blue is beautiful. I eagerly await more partts in this
colour.
* Bomb compartment, opening weapon bays - good play value here.

Jango Fett's Slave 1 is easily the best of these Episode 2 sets. Two thumbs
up from me!

--

Cheers,
Paul