 Local / Australia / 8781
Re: Attack of the star wars sales :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:33:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Oops...sorry about that :)

Actually, I've used a similar approach to what I've seen done in the past
for sales at TARGET, KMART, and private sales: from US posters about US only
sales. [though they don't have the courtesy to also post to .loc.us.].

I thought I'd do it this way for a couple of reasons...to show those who do
this how annoying it is when the country isn't mentioned,

Wait...

You did this on purpose, not just by accident, but rather to "prove a point"??

Not sure that was a good idea. If you think there is change needed, there
are channels to suggest it, which may be a better approach than deliberatley
doing things the wrong way in order to stir up controversy. IMHO anyway.

For example you could post to admin.suggestions... the market groups
charters are under discussion of revision as it is and this would be a good
time to make such a change.

and also so those
Ockers who don't look at .loc.au can hear about it.

This is not a good reason. If it were then posting anything to anywhere
would be allowed. And it's not. compartmentalisation means everything has a
place. You may not like that but that's the way it is.

If you'd rather have the country mentioned, I suggest getting the
marketplace rules changed so sale details have to mention the country they
apply to, or if no country given, they MUST be open internationally.

Not a bad suggestion (as a guideline, not sure it's enforcable as a rule but
maybe??). Hence XFUT admin.suggestions...

++Lar