 Local / Australia / 5952
Re: Buyonicle unmasked
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 04:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
Target Hobart have the Bionicles and Masks (lots and lots of them $1.95)
and half a dozen unpacked Lego boxes.  No-one seems to be buying the
Bionicles at all although lots of ~8-10 year old boys look at them in
passing (school hols).  Haven't been to the other Target.  No signs of new
stock at Myer, Kmart or Toyworld, I rarely bother with Bridges Bros anymore
and Harris Scarfe no longer counts (They are still trading, they just have
very little stock and aren't replacing it)

No Ogel Control Centres in this state still.  What's it selling for on the
mainland?

$99.95 I think, but Kmart prices seem the highest for Star Wars or LoM stock.
I think there are only 3 figs in the set too. It seems Lego are loathe to go
over the $100 mark this year after the slow moving Gungan Sub (7161) and
Podracer sets (7171) of last year. I have only seen the Brett Ogel Centre at
Kmart so far (like the 1200 piece tub).

pete.w