 Local / Australia / 5279
  Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P)

one work on Jack Stone "UUUUUCK", this keeps getting worse and worse, first jouniorization of town, then killing that off (not offical but these JS sets look to fill a town void). I'm glad there are some other themes to help fill the emptyness that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P)

(...) Agreed. However, can someone enlighten me? What is the significance (if any) of the name Jack Stone? Should I recognise it from books/TV/movies in the same way that I do Harry Potter? Kerry (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P)

(...) Hopefully it will let LEGO introduce a new range of 7-14 targeted Town sets. Girls in particular seem much more interested in Town than all the "danger and violence" themes. --DaveL (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P)

(...) Speak for yourself, girlie! :-) I like robotics, technics, star wars, and have a ship of bloodthirsty piratesses. I am definitely Town-light, Belville-challenged, and Paradisa-impaired. Indeed, most of the Townies I know are male. What girls (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) As a child I had Barbie and baby dolls, a tea-set, stuffed animals, Matchbox cars, a train set, a racing bike set, a sandpit with a marvellous Tonka Dump Truck (which I still treasure even though it's rusty (the truck not the sandpit!)), (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) Well, that doesn't surprise me. In my KFOL days (pre Dark Ages) I was undeniably a Townie. When all you own is brick bricks, roof tiles, doors, windows, trees and flags, it does tend to predispose you to building houses and other town (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) Actually, that would probably be quite true....Kerry. I know a lot of female Lego Enthusiasts really like the pirate line and the castle line... (...) To Deidre: this is my intention at this point...sure I have a large collection. (My mother (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) Why stop at kids? My grandfather, Dad, Mum and sister are all scoring a small Lego set this Easter (colour coded to match an Easter Egg and a painting from my three year old daughter). They can always give them back to me if they don't want (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) TLC itself, unfortunately, continues to subscribe to this idea. IIRC the 1999 (or was it 2000?) catalog had pages for boys and pages for girls, and now the 2001 catalog has pages for all kids and pages for girls. Remember Homemaker, the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) Yes, and there are various threads in which I moan and complain about TLC catalogues for exactly this reason. And the craziest part to me is why would TLC want to promote the idea that certain sets are for a particular sex -- wouldn't they (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) There are probably lots of adults who enter toy shops to buy birthday presents and the like, asking for a present in the [A,B] price bracket, for a child of age C and sex D. Having a catalogue which lists sets specifically for boys and girls (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

(...) Don't know about this at all. It was my birthday recently. I think if one of my friends were to have walked into the local toy shop and said "I'm looking for a present in the $30 - $40 bracket, for a child of age 35, and sex male" they would (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Themes that interest girls (was Re: check this out!)

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes: <snipped for space> (...) I had wheels (but I'm a little younger than you :)). Unfortunately I don't have any idea what set numbers I had, so it'd be hard to put a year on it, sometime mid seventies. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)