 Local / Australia / 4582
4581  |  4583
Subject:
Paypal.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:04:25 GMT

I'm sure most of you already know , but Paypal is discontinuing withdrawals
to Visa cards effective March 7. This basically makes Paypal worthless for
international Sellers. It is very frustrating. Paypal is by far the easiest
way to accept payments and pay for goods of course, over the NET with
reasonable fees.
I realise that Paypal is just doing what they have to do. (Visa and
Mastercard are the ones pulling the strings, I suppose the last thing they
want is people putting money back into there Credit Card accounts.)

Perhaps we need a Paypal Australia?
It would be great but can't see it happening...
How do we accept inernational payment now? What is everyones suggestions?

What sort of fee do you get charged to convert US dollars?
Is there a charge for cashing a Western Union money order?

Any way time to put the soapbox away, Sorry everyone.

(A very frustrated and slightly angry)
Jason King
LugNet #665
jklugnet665@optusnet.com.au