 Local / Australia / 418
Re: FOTW - Road N rail hauler, Club car, Crocodile Loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 00:42:21 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...

I'd rather get this for one of us Loc.Au people than going getting it and
putting it up for Auction etc.

Why? Not that someone won't want it locally, but why not sell it wherever?

Australia has lost quite enough Lego to overseas already. We seem to have
had the unfortunate situation where the merchants got to our country's stock
long before the enthusiasts did. We need to do all we can now to limit how
much Lego gets "exported". Plugging the leaks, as it were. It's also a
chance to strengthen the fraternity of one's local fan base. If I find
desirable sets I will sell at original cost to genuine enthusiasts in my own
country. Fellowship being more important than profit, as it
were.....strange, eh?  ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164