 Local / Australia / 426
Re: FOTW - Road N rail hauler, Club car, Crocodile Loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 00:14:03 GMT

Well, there is no way that the set will be left lying around with the trader.
I've already got two of these now so I don't feel the need for one more, which
is why I'm letting it known that one is available (otherwise I would've kept
it for myself). So rest assured it will enter the Lego community somewhere.

I was actually going to purchase it for myself to be honest, but Then i saw
the club car and as I haven't got one of these, thought it would be better
than a third croc loco.

Noones claimed it yet, so it looks like the world will get a chance at it
anyhow. Of course this is assuming that someone wont go and snap it up before
I get there on saturday morning. But the markets don't run during the week so
I should be safe.

In lugnet.loc.au, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...

I'd rather get this for one of us Loc.Au people than going getting it and
putting it up for Auction etc.

Why? Not that someone won't want it locally, but why not sell it wherever?

Australia has lost quite enough Lego to overseas already. We seem to have
had the unfortunate situation where the merchants got to our country's stock
long before the enthusiasts did. We need to do all we can now to limit how
much Lego gets "exported". Plugging the leaks, as it were. It's also a
chance to strengthen the fraternity of one's local fan base. If I find
desirable sets I will sell at original cost to genuine enthusiasts in my own
country. Fellowship being more important than profit, as it
were.....strange, eh?  ;-)

No, makes perfect sense to me! I support giving people good deals, but what I
would hate to see is the set left in the store because no one local spoke up
for it. It's too rare and valuable to let some random mundane get it and feed
the pieces to his dog by accident.

Santosh is doing exactly the right thing, I feel, asking around to see if it
will go locally(1) (and it will, trust me). 80 Oz is a great deal. Heck, 80 US
is a great deal for a MISB croc. Cheers.

1 - Same as I did, you know.

++Lar