 Local / Australia / 2503
Re: LegOz 2000.X - BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:54:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Perhaps we might say 300pts each, max 3 heroes, plus each side (not player)
can kit out a commandering kind of guy. Technology level 3 (see rules for
what that means). No magic. Max 10 horse per player. Carts and wagons, with
realistic modes of propulsion (Horses come out of the number given above). No
seige weapons (armies have been on forced march, the baggage train has been
left behind). And when a weapon is marked two hands, that's what it means.

Sounds good to me.

Before arriving at the fest you will require a working knowlege of the rules
(no, that doesn't include 'that's what we did last time') and a peice of
paper with all your 'fig's relevant numbers stated on.

Sounds like work, but emminently reasonable ;-)

Of course these are all suggestions and you may disagree (particularly about
the amusement value of catapults), feel free to posit alternate guidelines.

Have to think about the catapults.  It seems to me if I bring one, I should
probably be allowed 350 points, not 300, to account for the losses I will
inevitably inflict upon myself ;-) Mmmmm, have to think about the catapults.

Hilarity is fairly important in my fun factor. I think grossly uneven (or at
least very different) forces, surprises in the scenery and great big SNAFU
siege weapons add a lot to the game. Otherwise, I'm happy with these
suggestions.

Rationale for the squabbling is always good. Lack of food or religious
enlightenment seem suitably medieval to me -- thoughts?

--Dave