 Local / Australia / 2493
2492  |  2494
Subject:
LegOz 2000.8 - BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 05:36:34 GMT

Since we seemed to stress the fabric of BrikWars with a 250+ fig battle
(regardless, nice work James Howse, Gamemaster and Grand Wizard of
Probability) we did think a little on how this might go better.

IIRC, the plan is something like:

Medieval squabbling in and around a village.  Peter White will dream and
determine the terrain map-style (thanks Peter), to cover about 12 baseplates.
Prospective players to provide 2 (maybe three) baseplates of terrain,
including buildings and orientations to Peter's plan (Peter will let you know
what's needed).  Players to control max 30 figs, max one third mounted.

I guess we may sort out alliances and objectives beforehand, and the one third
cavalry thingie would apply then to the army, not the individual players.  For
prospective players not naturally equipped with the requisite figs, they could
of course borrow figs from others ;-)

James might have some thoughts as to what other limitations we should place
(number of vehicles, number of special dudes, technology levels, points), and
my first guess at max 30 figs may be a bit high.

For mine, the more material, the less magical, the better the battle.  I have
never been a grand fan of green plasma (well, except when its vanishing a Muck
Monster, or a squad of peculiarly powerful Norse, obviously).  I'm definitely
more a sturdy shield and stout pike kind of guy :-)  I get the impression
Kevin's along those same lines, with DavidL and James being the more magically
inclined.

Maybe I should just be fielding a dozen Druids?  What does a Druid go for in
BrikWars points anyway........

Richard
Still baldly going...