 Local / Australia / 1375
Re: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:36:17 GMT

Go to the index page http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ideabook/ and check • out
some of the other images. It looks like they're using pre superfast • wheeled
Matchbox cars in the town scene on page 4a (and where did the road plates • come
from?).

Yes, they look just like the Matchbox cars that I used in my Lego
constructions back in the early-mid 60s. We used to put (live) lizards in
the Lego houses as we didn't have mini-figs back then. Admittedly I can see
the benefits of using mini-figs; the lizards were inclined to escape if
given the chance.

I don't think the base plate in the picture is Lego though. It looks more
like a piece of painted plywood; certainly there are no studs on it. The
Lego road-layout baseplates are a far more recent development.

Kerry]