 Local / Australia / 1401
Re: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 06:18:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Sorry about my comments sounding slightly sexist, but I was also considering
my sisters and brother. Whenever we had our lego out, it was always my

I did note that you also said in your original comments that a kid should
be able to choose what he/she wants to play with, and that's the most
important thing.  But we also have to remember that children of both
genders need to be exposed to "non-traditional" toys to be able to show
an interest in the first place.  Encourage toddlers to play with all sorts
of toys and when the child is old enough to choose, let them decide for
themselves, and support them whatever they choose to play with, whether it
matches "traditional" gender expectations or not.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com