 Local / Australia / 12398
Re: Flower power to the people!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:13:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
That's kind of interesting, but I don't think it really shows what are [hot]
items - that would be stats on the total amounts {spent} on specific
parts.

True, but my request was for data on "what people actually buy" as distinct
from "most wanted" or what's hot.

Personally I find the data remarkable. I really did not expect to find such
buyer enthusiasm for some very standard bricks in some fairly ordinary
colours (e.g. 1x2 black bricks, the top seller).
I for one am constantly running out of black 1x2 bricks... but then I don't have
a wall of Blue Tubs (tm).

And I certainly would never
have picked the flower stems as #2. Is everyone out there doing Kew Gardens
and Chelsea Flower Show MOCs? Indeed, where on earth did people get their
hands on 70K of flower stems to sell? Do they suddenly grow on trees?

Despite Lego's long term policy of including at least one blue brick in
every set regardless of relevance or aesthetics,
some people were still needy enough to purchase 60K of blue 2x2 bricks in
the past 6 months. What on earth can you build with blue bricks? 1)
Officeworks 2) a river 3) the ocean 4) the sky 5) umm, another ocean  ...
you get my drift ...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=726462 ?  ;)

Michael