 Local / Australia / 12397
Re: New version of 5827 Belville Coach
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:52:01 GMT

Finally got around to buying a 5877, they've been slow sellers down here but the
numbers finally seemed to be dwindling so I seized a 20% off opportunity.  Have
not yet opened the box (might keep it as a present for my daughter), so set
comparison is done from front pictures.

Differences:
5827 (original) has a white fairy, hat, large treasure chest and picnic
accessories, 5877 (new) doesn't have any of this.
Original has blonde figures, new has brunettes but with the same hair styles.
Original wedding dress is white with embroidered flowers, new dress is gold over
white with an inlaid gem. Printed dress torso is the same for both.  Veil might
be slightly different but hard to tell.
Original Prince has white lower legs, new legs are all black, otherwise the
same.
Carriage is pretty much identical except for the plate over the top which is
white on the new set and beige on the old.
Horse is identical but has different colour accessories, old has blue ribbons
and dark blue harness, new has pink ribbons and light blue harness.
That seems to be about it!
RRP Australia Old: $A78.95, new $A39.95.

The new set doesn't make any external mention of the Danish Royal Wedding, but I
imagine there were merchandising restrictions that prevented this.

Neither Lugnet or Brickset have a photo so I'm trying to a get a decent one of
the set box with the digital camera.  I am not a skilled photographer, and it's
the middle of a very wet and dark winter so there's not much in the way of good
light around here (keep ending up with a flash reflection on the box).  Any
hints appreciated!

Deidre