 Local / Australia / 11229
Re: Cheap Black Seas Barracudas anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:

   Target starts their sale in 8 days time (or so the sign says).

James, as a retailer, does Target’s advertising make any sense to you?

Well, if there is a plan, it’s certainly a cunning one...

I noticed this morning that various items which were on clearance for some time (e.g. Spiderman Action Studio $21.99, Yoda $74.99) have inexplicably either risen to their original price, or at least a higher price. I would say that this laborious pre-sale hoo-hah is a futile attempt to get people to look at the prices before as well as during the sale, and therefore notice how “good” the discounts are. Or something like that, anyway. Any better theories...?

Cheers,