 Local / Australia / 10407
10406  |  10408
Subject:
Orient sets pictured at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:19:30 GMT

Probably old news for those with glazed eyes....
but the Adventurers Orient Expedition sets are available to peruse in the
Australian section. They even have the box images for those appreciators
of cardboard products.

Some of these sets should produce odd results in Richie's ppp analysis.
Anything with an elephant pumps the price up and piece count down.

Interesting colour combos overall, but effective.
More butterscotch (burnt orange or rust) can't be a bad thing, plus it
may save a few Yodas or encourage the demolition of a few Yodas.

It was interesting to see Navy (dark blue) in the Slave, but since that's
not a set to buy multiples of (yet), a bit more in the smaller AOE sets will
help out those collectors of odd colours.

Good to see 3x3 roof slope corners appearing in roof slope packs and in a
number of AOE sets, what are roofs without corners.

Lego have missed their chance at producing a trans-lt.blue BURP, instead
opting for white BURPs, which may still be useful. The Yeti could have
peered through the trans-lt.blue (:^(

At least the Adventurer figs get a bit of a revamp with new torsos and
expressions and even a furry hat (old tyres may go out of fashion).

pete.w (there's life in an old theme yet)