 Local / Australia / 10424
Re: Orient sets pictured at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:52:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

I'm presuming that we will see these sets retailing locally, and therefore
likely to be available at lower prices than S@H. I am hanging out for the
Scorpion Palace in particular, it looks like a great collection of parts.

The S@H prices are basically the same as Michael posted earlier as the RRP
for Australia. But as any regular loc.au viewer knows, the BURP (Basically
Unrecommended Retail Price aka RRP) varies to the BIG WARP (BIG W Accepted
Retail Price) to the PERP (Pre-Easter Price)to the PCP (Pre-Christmas Price)
to the POOP (Percentage Off Occasional Price).

Some of the designs in the Orient Expedition appear very similar in style to
earlier Adventurer themes, notably the tomb, the car, the plane and the hot air
balloon. Indeed, the only attraction I can see to this latest hot air balloon
is the quarter-turn tan spindle fences. And, I really think I can live my life
without acquiring any more rope bridges and BURPs. To me, this new Orient theme
seems to be a cross-over between Egyptian and Islander stylistically.

Every year a new year-load of children move into System range and another
year-load move off into Technic or Dark Age range, the Balloon gets another
life for another generation. With the archeological basis for the theme, there
will always be tombs and treasure, and time-frame wise biplanes.
Are there any more theatres for the Adventurers to explore ?

The BURPs are white though, a new colour is always handy. An excess of rope
bridges may well be peculiar to Australia (:^)

pete.w (who never purchased that S@H Racer set with the white BURP)