 Local / Australia / *14378 (-20)
  Re: BRISLUG meeting (Peter's Place August)

(...) Hey Sue "When in Rome Do as the Romans say" I still love you to Pete (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Hi Mel, Where in Germany are you moving? Have you got in contact with the 1000Steineland people? They seem to have quite a few meeting etc. and with the wonderful Deutschebahn it should be easy to get around. I think if you check out the (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: BRISLUG meeting (Peter's Place August)

"Peter Parsons" <guns@in.com.au> wrote in message news:IKADr2.q49@lugnet.com... (...) So I (...) August. (...) week. (...) style (...) That was about as subtle as a brick. Yes, I grant you the fact that you're hosting it at your house but there are (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Hi Tim, long time no see :) As you know, I am a BUG, but soon to be something else? ;) Since I am moving to Germany in October... yay for more LEGO! I know I was at either the first or second meet? Not sure, I think there is some info here if (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: BRISLUG meeting (Peter's Place August)

(...) Oh I thought everyone had given up on this... (...) Oh well count me out then, since I am just a single Mum, I won't be there as no-one to look after him, but have fun anyway. Mel (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Brisbane CityCat Ferry

Dear all, I finally finished a project I've been working on and off for quite a while now. In my home city of Brisbane we have quite a large and windy river. The City Council operate a very useful and very enjoyable set of high speed catamaran (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.cad, lugnet.town, FTX)

  BRISLUG meeting (Peter's Place August)

All Ihave waited for someone to stick their hand up for a while to no avail. So I will do it I will run a meeting at my place on either 13th or 14th of August. Please send RSVP ASAP as to what day all want so I can confirm this next week. The only (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A smurfy place to live

"Anita Eenink" <anita_eenink@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IK8GM3.yw8@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) the (...) in the (...) brickshelf and (...) that (...) (Which (...) That is so cool Anita. I wish *I'd* thought of it :) cheers SAB (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

--SNIP-- (...) Thats very honourable of you Kerry, I would never have so much discipline. Did spending too long in the hallowed grounds of UQ make you wish to return? Or was it the graduate bar in which I saw you one day? Tim (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) I think it's also fair to say that not everyone who is "into" Lego in Brisbane is necessarily looking for the same thing out of a "meeting". And so as the community of into-Lego people in Brisbane grows larger, the need to accommodate a wider (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) I was not an original Bug, nor am I currently a Brislug. I am more an invisible lurker here in Brisbane, but I would love to become actively involved in the Brislug group. I have enjoyed all the encounters I have had with Brislugs and would (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Kerry That was a mouthfull wasn't it?? Very well put but I don't agree with all of it (democracy in action) I really believe there are other reasons that we don't gather as much any more but am not going to spell them out on this forum. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Go on, edit the page, you know you want to ;-) --SNIP-- Tim (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Thanks Kerry, Man, I am so stupid. Do you guys have a webpage I can add a link to? Better, in fact, than me asking loads of questions would be if an active BrisLUG member edited the page themself. Its here (URL) if anyone wants to have a go. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) If you want to admire Tim's entry, see it at: (URL) sadly, I am not sure that I can entirely agree with: "Since then it has grown and now comprises approximately ?? members." Actually we haven't met for a while, so I am not sure that a mostly (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Yes, I am pretty sure that the first meeting was at Mark's and not at my place. Kerry (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) Sorry to reply to my own post. I just found (URL) this message> which answers some of my questions. Now for some more: Approximately how many people make up BrisLUG now (active members)? How about BLTC? Thanks again, Tim (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  A smurfy place to live

Here is something I built this afternoon while my little man was sick, as I couldn't go to work, or go out, or make much noise in general (other then the sweet rattle of brick on brick which is like the sound of leaves rustling in the cool spring (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: First BUGS meet?

--SNIP (...) Thanks Peter, I don't remember any of my friends being there... maybe though. It was definitely either Mark or Kerry's house but I can't remember which. I tried digging through old Lugnet posts but couldn't find anything. That was one (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: First BUGS meet?

(...) WOW Tim now you really are going back in time I think it was 1999 because it was just before I split from my wife in 2000. I thought it was at either Kerry or Mark's. Founders I don't like that word I think "Original" might be better. From (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact