 Local / Australia / 13441
Re: First BUGS meet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:37:36 GMT

--SNIP
WOW Tim now you really are going back in time
I think it was 1999 because it was just before I split from my wife in 2000.
I thought it was at either Kerry or Mark's.
Founders I don't like that word I think "Original" might be better.
From memory I think it was very small at first Yourself, Kerry, Gary, Mark, Mel,
Me. I don't remember if Aaron came to the first or he came not long after. I
thought you had a friend come as well but my memory can't get the lot.

Anyone else out there remember?? Come on Gary rack that brain and see what you
remember.

As for the rename we decided late last year that BUGS was sounding a bit um not
quite up to what we wanted it to sound like so at the Train Group Meet which is
a bit of a majority of BRISLUGS we passed a resolution for a new name and came
up with BRISLUGS that's how it went.

Hope that helps
Peter

Thanks Peter,

I don't remember any of my friends being there... maybe though. It was
definitely either Mark or Kerry's house but I can't remember which. I tried
digging through old Lugnet posts but couldn't find anything. That was one reason
I wanted to know whose house so I could search with their name.

Your memory of the people seems about right to me. I think Aaron came to Kerry's
but not Mark's but I'm quite hazy too. This reminds me of the joke "If you can
remember the 60s you weren'r there".

I like the change to BrisLUGS too, it also includes the L which is kind of
important. Is BLTC a subgroup of BrisLUGS or independent? I wish I was still in
Brissie so I could participate in the trains layouts. I've recently got into Aus
themed stuff (living away has brought out the nationalist in me) and would love
to display it. Watch this space for some virtual versions of them.

Again, thanks,

Tim