 Local / Australia / 13440
Re: First BUGS meet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Timothy Gould wrote:

Does anyone remember when the first BUGS meet was. I'm pretty sure it was at
Kerry's house in 1999 or 2000 and I know I was there but I've completely
forgotten when. Also, could people who were there give me a shout.
The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning to add BUGS to BrickWiki would
like to know the founding members/first meeting details.

Cheers,

Tim

PS. You're called BrisLUG now aren't you? When did the name change?

WOW Tim now you really are going back in time
I think it was 1999 because it was just before I split from my wife in 2000.
I thought it was at either Kerry or Mark's.
Founders I don't like that word I think "Original" might be better.
From memory I think it was very small at first Yourself, Kerry, Gary, Mark, Mel,
Me. I don't remember if Aaron came to the first or he came not long after. I
thought you had a friend come as well but my memory can't get the lot.

Anyone else out there remember?? Come on Gary rack that brain and see what you
remember.

As for the rename we decided late last year that BUGS was sounding a bit um not
quite up to what we wanted it to sound like so at the Train Group Meet which is
a bit of a majority of BRISLUGS we passed a resolution for a new name and came
up with BRISLUGS that's how it went.

Hope that helps
Peter