 LEGOLAND / California / 164
Re: Limited edition bricks; Spellbreaker launch at LEGOLAND California!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:46:31 GMT

There are online instructions at http://www.lego.com/pumpkin/  It was for
sale online for a while, that is how I got it.  I was dissapointed when I
found out you could get it at legoland, for $5 - when I gt it online for
$10. I live so close to it (about 30 mins. away) it would have been alot
more fun to get it from there.  Oh well - I will not miss the Christmas
celebration!
Mark

In lugnet.legoland.california, John Gramley writes:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Ashley Glennon writes:
2.  Build a pumpkin at Castle Hill!  Here's your chance to get some orange
bricks for $5.  Remember the Halloween buckets at Target a few seasons ago?
We have created a variation of the pumpkin depicted on the side of the bucket
and will make these available as a build-it-yourself kit for $5.  The model
design is two studs deep and the only source I know of for long 2x orange
plates and certain orange slopes. (Sorry, I do not recall the parts count.)

I stopped by Legoland today to check out the new Halloween stuff.  The whole
park is well themed, and Castle Hill is super themed.  It looks great.  I
bought one of the pumpkin sets to find out which pieces were in it.  The set
doesn't come with instructions, but there were diagrams of the pumpkin on a
near-by table.  I forgot to bring my camera to get a picture of it and am
still trying to figure out how the pieces are supposed to go together.  But
here is the piece count.  LDraw numbers are in parentheses.

Orange pieces:
6  1x2 brick  (3004)
4  1x3 brick  (3622)
2  1x4 brick  (3010)
1  2x6 plate  (3795)
1  2x12 plate  (2445)
8  45-degree 2x2 slope brick  (3039)
6  45-degree 2x2 inverted slope brick  (3660)
4  33-degree 3x2 inverted slope brick  (3747)

32 orange pieces

Green pieces:
1  1x3 plate  (3623)
1  2x2 plate  (3022)
1  45-degree 2x1 slope brick  (3040)

3 green pieces

35 total pieces

I will be going back to Legoland again before Halloween so I can get a picture
of the pumpkin.

John Gramley