 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5105
Re: time to get what we want
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:58:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.il, David Arnon writes:
That's interesting, so in fact the importer actually did a good job (at least
better than the situation now). because it's obvious the situation has been
deteriorating over the past few years. Not so much in the price point of view
(that was always high)

I believe it's higher now then ever

but more when it comes to poor selection and brand dilution.

true

If there's no one with the rights to import Lego, then what's the problem? It
couldn't be something technical since even when you order from Amazon, that
ship to Israel, it says they can't ship _Lego_ to Israel.

correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK, Amazon do not ship anything to Israel but
books (but I might be wrong)

The 10,000 number seems much too high to me. I don't think even the largest
chains can be sure they'll sell that amount of anything but the smallest sets
(again, Bionicles come to mind. Ahh.). With any number close to that things
like RIS or UCS sets have no chance whatsoever to get to Israel.

If you're looking for Mindstorms sets there not available though 'ROBOTEC'
do bring DACTA (I asked them once about a sensor and they say it cost like
250NIS, too much for me).

Thanks for the info,
- David

You're welcome, after all we're in the same boat together

p.s. If there's no importer, who paid for the recent Bionicle commercials on
Arutz 2 ?

Not really sure but prehaps Toys'r'us cause I've seen in papers alot of
commercials of LEGO sets discounts (I wouldn't call it discout more like
300% reduce to only 200%) from Toys'r'us on Bionicle sets.

About what we talked earlier, I guess you right about it, kids in Israel
won't buy LEGO from there website anyway and it's leaves only a very small
group (I guess we're not even ten yet) of AFOLs (infact for years until
Lugnet, I use to Believe I'm the only one in Israel, the way those old
saleswomans on the stores use to look at me and me make up excuseses to whom
I buy these staff for but I don't do that anymore).

Yaron "Webrain" Dori