 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4649 (-10)
  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Hello, I'm wondering why it's not possible to let TLC post coloured if the topic is TLC-related (like announcements or official answers) and uncoloured (like we all) if the topic is normal discussion between us. This works fine at 1000steine.de, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) This whole thread has gotten out of hand! This seems to be the point where the "public" communications fall apart. I don't wish to take sides, particularly where we're all assumed to be on the *same* side. For what it's worth, what I see here (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Perhaps so, but only because the representatives of the fandom have made it at times difficult to remain fans (of this particular interactive medium, at least). If Jake is truly worried that AFOL's will object to such LD comments as "we can't (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) As far as these types of things go, I think the response we've gotten from TLC is that Europe's just a better/more loyal consumer than North America. I remember (I think at BrickFest '01? Maybe a different time...) Brad talking about stores in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I'll stay out of the more heated portion of this and let Suzanne reply to the other stuff when she gets a free moment, but I can answer the above portion, at least from my personal viewpoint, by giving links to some previous posts: (4 URLs) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) To all: this is my last post here, but I feel strongly that this has to be said. Please forgive my bluntness. Suz: I just wanted to say a personal thanks to you for singlehandedly driving the self-proclaimed "friendliest place on the internet" (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I think that you two have been tremendously good at thinking into the future and setting things up right to avoid all kinds of potential pitfalls. But in this case, what harm could crop up that you could not remedy if you just let them post (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Interesting… How you presume to know the intricacy of the situation at hand between two individuals!?! And what is even more fascinating is how you endeavor to draw judgment and call for an “apology” from this individual. And all this regarding a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) One thing I seen....is the apparent lack of "care" TLC has really put forth in north america. There still is a wide gaps in quality products between Europe and North America. Sure its nice to have 2 fulfillment centers, but why does one have (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) To Suz et All, I, as many of the members of the community, am thoroughly disappointed with your course of action, Suz. Infantile isn't descriptive enough of a word to talk about what you've just done. Not only have you shot yourself in the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact