 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4645
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:54:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Rudy writes:
I do have a question, though, Suz.  What is SO wrong with, "sitewide
posting," that you must, "answer in the negative?"  [...]

I'll stay out of the more heated portion of this and let Suzanne reply to the
other stuff when she gets a free moment, but I can answer the above portion,
at least from my personal viewpoint, by giving links to some previous posts:

   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2201
   http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=401
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4638
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4636

Thus, the current policy is an attempt to balance two somewhat opposing ideals,
so it's not the type of thing that's inherently right or wrong or good or bad,
but weighing advantages versus disadvantages.

--Todd