 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4644
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:50:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Thank you, Jake.
I just wanted to confirm my suspicion.[1]

Such a lack of maturity from one who's actions reflect on The LEGO Company
is very disappointing. But, your 'using' of this community is inexcusable.

-Suz
LUGNET Admin

[1] Since our last phone conversation a few months ago, in which Jake again
asked for sitewide posting and I answered in the negative, he has been
giving this entire community the 'silent treatment' in hopes to 'get his way.'

To all:  this is my last post here, but I feel strongly that this has to be
said.  Please forgive my bluntness.

Suz:

I just wanted to say a personal thanks to you for singlehandedly driving the
self-proclaimed "friendliest place on the internet" into the ground over the
last year and a half.  Bravo!

When Todd backed off and Lugnet floundered for months with no direction,
that was brilliant to just sit there on your hands and watch as trolls and
petty infighting took over the threads.

When Lego itself extended its hand to you and gave your toy-fan site more
honor than any other company would give any other toy-fan site, you spit on
them because they don't play by your rules or give you MORE attention.
Prove to them why you deserve it and you'll get it!

I hope they are as offended by your comments as I am (and clearly... lots of
other fans are).  Do you think they are going to take over Lugnet if you
give them more posting access?  Gimme a break.  Maybe it would be an
improvement if they did...

We all know you tried your best, but this is simply sub-par behaviour.  When
I had to make a decision over the last few months what part of my life to
sell off to fund my new endeavor, I had many choices.  I collect music, I
love Lego, and I have a rare vespa scooter.

I sit here surrounded by parts, and I want to build more than anything.  It
was profoundly hard to choose the Lego to be sold... I will always miss it,
but now I know I made the right choice.  I got out at the right time.
Thanks again for showing me that.

sincerely,
Joel Kuester