 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4640
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Thank you, Jake.
I just wanted to confirm my suspicion.[1]

Such a lack of maturity from one who's actions reflect on The LEGO Company
is very disappointing. But, your 'using' of this community is inexcusable.

-Suz
LUGNET Admin

[1] Since our last phone conversation a few months ago, in which Jake again
asked for sitewide posting and I answered in the negative, he has been
giving this entire community the 'silent treatment' in hopes to 'get his way.'

To Suz et All,
I, as many of the members of the community, am thoroughly disappointed with
your course of action, Suz.  Infantile isn't descriptive enough of a word to
talk about what you've just done.  Not only have you shot yourself in the
foot, but you've turned a Tommy gun on the entire community, both your
supporters and nay-sayers.  I seriously doubt how much TLC is going to deal
with the AFOL community in the future.

I do have a question, though, Suz.  What is SO wrong with, "sitewide
posting," that you must, "answer in the negative?"  Isn't it enough to ask
all TLG employees to have an Email address at @america.lego.com, or
@denmark.lego.com, or @swaziland.lego.com or any other of the official
address?  Can't the community distinguish when Jake is official and not by
his Sig and Address?  Or aren't we that smart?  Are you saying that someone
can't have a private life which entails their career?  Pretty heavy words if
so, considering the number of web designers and programers and the like who,
in their spare time, surf the web, run web-pages and post to newsgroups.

Only time will tell the repercussions of these posts...
...IMHO, LUGNET lay in the balance

-John Rudy
"This thread will go down in history, or in flames, or both..."