 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4647
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Paul Hartzog writes:

I for one get the sense that here is a fan community
that is making it difficult for the representatives of
the fandom to interact w/ the fans.

  Perhaps so, but only because the representatives of the fandom have made
it at times difficult to remain fans (of this particular interactive medium,
at least).  If Jake is truly worried that AFOL's will object to such LD
comments as "we can't reveal that at this time," then how much worse is
absolute silence?

Would a RockBand fan club site be so rude and difficult w/ the RockBand?

  Probably, but the analogy doesn't really hold in any case.  LEGO extended
a hand of friendship and community and promptly (and consistently) failed to
deliver on very nearly every expectation.  And by "deliver" I don't mean
"fulfill to the utmost desire of every rabid AFOL" but rather "do what they
said they'd do (when appropriate), disclose what they can (when
appropriate), and tell us explicitly when they can't disclose something."

Here's hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel...

  The light is shining ever more brightly in Montreal....

     Dave!