 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 431
  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I think TLC is absolutely not doing this as a favour to us, although we can certainly be happy perceiving it that way and TLC would be equally happy for us to perceive it that way. I think TLC is doing this because they realize they do need to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Do you think that they will begin to communicate with consumers about other things than bulk sales? Ben Roller (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

I really wonder who else (other than the adult Lego community) regularly uses Shop At Home to make purchases. You have to be a die hard Lego fan to go to the trouble of mail ordering specific pieces. There is lots of selection in the stores to keep (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Its hard to say right now. I sure hope so. I know that right now I'm preparing to go to the Kidvention at Legoland California to demonstrate LDraw with a few other CAD enthusiasts, and that TLC is providing a lot for me and my crew. This is (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

When I was young (early 80s) I drooled over the parts packs brochure. I never begged my parents to order any ("You already have too much Lego" might have been the answer.) Now I live in an apartment building. One day in the elevator I observed a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I do, yes. Absolutely. In fact, they have (at least BradJ has) already begun to communicate with consumers about other things...LDraw at Kidvention, for example. --Todd (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Oops, that's missing some important words. It should say: Getting themselves geared up for bulk purchasing and anything else related to it which they may or may not choose to do, such as short just-in-time production runs (if they can switch (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:FxF8AJ.HMo@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) be (...) yet (...) Where did this number come from? While I suspect the WAMALUG members are buying lots of stuff from the Outlet I find it (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I heard that from a few WAMALUG members when I was at Brickfest. The manager of the outlet store (WAMALUG member, I believe) reports WAMALUG sales figures separate from general sales figures to her boss at TLC. Kinda nice, that way TLC is more (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I still have the receipt from one order I made when I was about ten years old. :) several trees & flowers service packs, some crater baseplates and space landing baseplates, and other good stuff :) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) When I was a child in the 80s, I would buy from S@H Canada. I would think long and hard about what I wanted. I would stare at the last pages in the in-set catalogue. Then I would figure out what I could afford with my limited budget. I would (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Well, I used S@H from Israel and forced my uncle to ship the sets to me... (I think the first time I did that was at 13). -Shiri (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I had severl orders, from 8 years old until I was 18. If you count over 18, well, it is a lot of counting! : ) Scott S. -- (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) Wow! Where did you hear that number? I wonder how much of that is me? ++Lar (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I remember when I was 9-12 years old (1962-65) back in the days when there were 138 different parts packs available, all of them sold in Toy Stores. I used to walk the 10 blocks to "Earl's Bike Shop" in Detroit. They had all the Samsonite (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I remember orering rom Lego several times as a kid...trees and flowers, red/green/yellow 10x20x1 megabrick/plates, the small yellow Legoland forklift, etc 2 experiences I remember best: I recall getting a catalog in 1975 or 1976 advertising a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)