 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1962
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 04:56:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes:
<portions snipped>
Mark Chan built this nice classical building called Laural Hall.  He
couldn't have done it (easily) without the limited bulk sales that are
already available.  The potential for many of the LEGO systems are
limitless, as can be seen here.   Some of the items Mark used in this
building are not currently part of the bulk sales lot, but would make a
great addition to bulk availability.

With expanded bulk sales, we are only at the beginning of the "Lego
Renaissance"!!
With greater parts availability, the sky is the limit for the collective
genius of AFOLs.

Gary Istok

My personal top 10 wish list of bulk parts (aka - wallet drainers)
1) 2x2 or 1x2 gray tiles. (Sidewalks, parking lots, streets that can go
anywhere, aircraft carrier decks, etc.)
2) 2x2 white cylinder bricks or plates - either way I'll stack them up with
technic axles for support. (Columns, columns, columns)
3) Female minifig "lipstick" heads/torsos.  With the way Lego rations female
minifigs out, it's hard to keep a good ratio of male to female in a town.
Let's not keep ignoring 1/2 the population, TLC. (And when do we get blonde
ponytail hair pieces?)
4) 1x2 tiles with the 1/2 offset stud, prefarably in white. I think you can
build "anything" with these - and double the resolution of your models.
5) 1x2 and 1x1 tiles (all colors - I know, it doesn't make it "bulk", but if
they could do a Castle expander pack...).
6) White arches - all sizes.
7) White or gray 1x4x5 windows.
8) 1x2 white medium slopes (normal and inverse)
9) 4x4 white quarter circle bricks
10) 1x4x1.3 rounded brick (see the top of my Italian Restaurant
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3230)

I'm sure someone on Lugnet has conducted a survey on what we'd like to see
next with bulk packs. Does anyone know where I can find the results?

Thanks for the compliments, Gary. I have a whole subdirectory on my hard
drive with your name on it. You had some great town pics from a few years
back that I showed my Very Lego Supportive wife (Laural, whom I named the
Hall after) and said, "That's what town buildings should look like". Your
Museum of Art was the standard I was shooting for.

Thanks to bulk packs, some of my dreams can be realized - and Lego must be
happy because I keep buying more packs from them....

Mark Chan