 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2049
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes:

With expanded bulk sales, we are only at the beginning of the "Lego
Renaissance"!!
With greater parts availability, the sky is the limit for the collective
genius of AFOLs.

Although I wouldn't call myself a genius I would have to agree with you 100%.
I have been working on my Main Street scene for the NELUG Train Layout and the
Town building contest and Much of it would not have been possible without bulk
sales.

I have to echo this...I wanted to echo it earlier, but was too busy, and
didn't have pictures to go along with it.

Many of the things that made the town at NALUG's layout for Supertrain 2001
wouldn't have happened without the bulk packs.  Things like:

This office tower:
This warehouse:
This school:
and of course, all the sidewalks.

I'm willing to pay a premium to avoid all the work & hassle of breaking up
sets for sale, and Bulk sales are filling that niche very nicely.

James