 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1943
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:59:02 GMT

Sorry Kevin, but I missed the announcement.  I'll have to enter the next
contest you have.  I just looked at the entrants, and I am impressed.  I see
Kevin Loch is building himself a downtown.  Great job!   My current project
is CENTRAL STATION, a large train station with a 28 story tower (headhouse),
a midway that includes a shopping center, and of course a train shed with a
low sloped red roof.  The style will be something akin to the classic Beaux
Arts style popular in monumental buildings of the 1900 - 1915 era.  It will
be white with about 600 red windows, and lots of large white arches and
columns.  (LEGO Direct - arches and round bricks - these would be nice for
the next bulk sales offering, as of course would more windows!).

Gary Istok

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Gary Istok wrote in message <3A8849CA.D0115B43@umich.edu>...
I was browsing some of the LUGNET sites I usually don't have time for,
such as lugnet.town, (I usually hang out in lugnet.general) when I
stumbled across this classic beauty....

Yes, he just entered it in the Town Building Contest. Are we going to see
anything from you Gary, or did you miss the announcements?

http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2001

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1