 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1972
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:51:20 GMT

Mark Chan wrote:

My personal top 10 wish list of bulk parts (aka - wallet drainers)
1) 2x2 or 1x2 gray tiles. (Sidewalks, parking lots, streets that can go
anywhere, aircraft carrier decks, etc.)
2) 2x2 white cylinder bricks or plates - either way I'll stack them up with
technic axles for support. (Columns, columns, columns)
3) Female minifig "lipstick" heads/torsos.  With the way Lego rations female
minifigs out, it's hard to keep a good ratio of male to female in a town.
Let's not keep ignoring 1/2 the population, TLC. (And when do we get blonde
ponytail hair pieces?)
4) 1x2 tiles with the 1/2 offset stud, prefarably in white. I think you can
build "anything" with these - and double the resolution of your models.
5) 1x2 and 1x1 tiles (all colors - I know, it doesn't make it "bulk", but if
they could do a Castle expander pack...).
6) White arches - all sizes.
7) White or gray 1x4x5 windows.
8) 1x2 white medium slopes (normal and inverse)
9) 4x4 white quarter circle bricks
10) 1x4x1.3 rounded brick (see the top of my Italian Restaurant
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3230)

FWIW, Mark, I concur with most of your choices.  And wallet drainer is right!
If those parts became available, I'd have to start riding my son's bike.....[1]

-John

[1] having sold off the car for $$$ for parts;-)