 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1906
Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:03:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes:

Mark Chan built this nice classical building called Laural Hall.  He
couldn't have done it (easily) without the limited bulk sales that are
already available.  The potential for many of the LEGO systems are
limitless, as can be seen here.   Some of the items Mark used in this
building are not currently part of the bulk sales lot, but would make a
great addition to bulk availability.  The white railings are one item
(both straight and curved), as are the 2x2 round bricks, which make for
great classic columns.  Great work Mark!!!!

That is beautiful.

With expanded bulk sales, we are only at the beginning of the "Lego
Renaissance"!!
With greater parts availability, the sky is the limit for the collective
genius of AFOLs.

So many designs are compromised by parts restrictions, in colour and number.
Lack of good window options keeps me focused on castle-type structures.

I am especially confident that town will do well as far as bulk
assortment is concerned.  It is after all the closest related Lego
System to Trains!!!  :-)

The Lego train clubs are out there reaching the widest possible audience,
they must be grateful for bulk ordering to beef up the town designs to match
their impressive trains. So hopefully more architectural elements enter the
bulk assortment eg, arches in lots of colours.

pete.w