 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1138
1137  |  1139
Subject:
new slope pieces wanted (was: Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:16:36 GMT

Erik Olson wrote:

Wishing for non-existent roof bits:

Related to the half-pyramid brick in function: the studless slope. Same slope
as a 2x2 slope, but without the 1x2 brick side.

I agree, the studless slope would be very useful.
Most of the existing slopes could be offered in
studless half-wide form.

How about some more:

* inverse slopes in 60-degrees

* inverse slopes in 3-long, 4-long and 8-long versions,
  just like regular slopes

* 75-degree and 60-degree slopes in 3-long, 4-long,
  and 8-long versions, just like 45-degree slopes;
  30-degree slopes in 8-long as well

* convex and concave corner slopes of all
  reasonable existing slope angles
  The ones that don't exist yet are:
  * concave 75,
  * convex and concave 60,
  * concave 30
  * would this work for the new 20-degree slopes?

* convex and concave inverse corner slopes of all
  reasonable existing slope angles:
  * concave 75 (convex 75 exist, but are very rare)
  * convex and concave 60
  * convex and concave 30

Note: From steepest to shallowest,
I'm defining the 2x2x3 slopes as 75-degree,
the 2x2x2 slopes as 60-degree,
the 2x2x1 slopes as 45-degree,
the 4x3x1 slopes as 30-degree,
the new 2x4x1 slopes as 20-degree,
though the actual angles may be a little different.

/Eric M/